Sunday, June 3, 2007

Vacation results


My vacation is almost over, I did have plenty of time to relax as well as kayak, and enjoy the company of family and friends. I am feeling great about now, refreshed and thankful for all I can do and participate in. Life is good.

Here's what I was able to accomplish in the sewing department.
1. Finished the commissioned bag. I love how it turned out. Since I tried to emphasize a water theme I took pictures of it by our lake up north. I gave it to the person who is planning the farewell party for the interim minister today. The bag has a spider and web(for good luck), the logo of our congregation, and a Sankofa bird. This minister used the image of a Sankofa bird, one who looks back as she flys forward, as an inspiration for our congregation during our time of transition.



While I was putting the left over fabric scraps away, I picked up the corner that I cut out of the bottom and thought that it would a good base for a cell phone holder. So here it is.





2. Made the tea cozy for Connie, she was very pleased with it.

3. Made a tea cozy and 2 pot holders for the cottage out of the "Tea" fabric.

4. Cut out the white eyelet top.
5. Made 8 coasters out of some domino's fabric that I found at at fabric store called the Button Hole in West Branch, Michigan that is closing this summer. The owner is retiring. Domino's is our game of choice at the cottage, so these will go back up north.









All in all a great week, I did all of my sewing on my little Singer featherweight. It makes such a cute old machine noise and sews wonderfully and with more power that you would expect from such a little old gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment