Sunday, March 25, 2007
Serger Club - pillow case
Serger club project last week was a pillow case. This project gave me fits. I guess I still need experience with the 3 thread rolled edge. I actually did the rolled edge on the wrong side when I connected the two pieces of lace, this became a "design element". Then I gave up when I had finished a whole line of sewing only to see that I had about 12 inches that had "escaped". Ripping out rolled edge is not easy and as I was ripping out the escaped hole kept getting larger. The instructor actually finished the repair for me. So, after her efforts I felt compelled to finish the project at home. It turned out nicely, but believe me this pillow case will not be getting a mate!