Sunday, March 18, 2007

Misc. little projects for instant gratification

My sewing time this weekend was taken up with doing a few odd projects, the kind that can be done quickly and are very gratifying when done. I also did some general fussing in the studio.

I made a cell phone carrier for my friend Margaret. She had the highest bid on the crazy quilted bag at our congregation auction. It's nice to know who will be using it. Here is the case and Margaret using the bag today.












I made a dust cover for my sewing machine.

I ran across a piece of the fabric used to make our bedroom curtains, may moons ago. It was just the right size to make a grocery bag for me. I really do like this ol' Waverly fabric.




I also put the mural up on the studio wall that I made last spring just after taking a Spirituality of Creativity class. The technique is based on the creative sewing done by Rosemary Eichorn. I have found her book, The Art of Fabric Collage, fascinating. Click Here for her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment