Monday, January 5, 2009

Free Motion extravaganza


I spent time yesterday doing the free motion machine quilting on Andrew and Sarah's large lap quilt. I pulled my machine into the center of the room, put a table behind it and set up my ironing board to my left. Like so:

It was great fun and not nearly as cumbersome as I had thought it would be. I did a sort of large scale stipple. The black on black is almost invisible, here are some of the more white squares that show the quilting more obviously.


I ended the afternoon with a very numb right thumb. I guess I was a little too excited and clutched the fabric too much. Feeling is back in my thumb today, so no harm done.

In the spirit of Every Day Creative and inline with my goal this New Year I plan to post more often. I want to record what I am doing in my every day way to infuse creativity into my life this year.

If you are a lurking reader a comment of encouragement would be appreciated. What are you doing to keep your creative spirit alive in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    I'm a lurking reader, well, kinda anyway. The quilt is looking great and I'm very impressed with your handiwork! I can't wait to try it out. Not only do I love your projects, but your dedication to your art is inspiring! Thanks so much!
    Love ya,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, its absolutely beautiful. I love the prints you have used and the stiple quilting. As I start on my very first quilt, I can only aspire to make something like that one day!

    ReplyDelete