Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blouse made with Japenese cotton


I am going to try to start blogging again. I took a break because I had decided that my blog was boring. (It is) But I have received a few comments lately so am thinking maybe I will give it another go. I also do like doing this to have a record of my sewing projects. So, it's time to do some catching up.

I made this blouse in April from New Look 6598. The fabric is a Japanese cotton that I purchased at the Fabric Gallery, a beautiful fabric store in Williamston, Michigan. If you are anywhere nearby, it is worth the trip.

I was looking for a pattern for a basic blouse, I had just about given up when I saw the New Look patterns and thought I would give one a try. The pattern turned out very nice. It has a cute cut out V at the cuff edge that gives the sleeve a little interest. The back was designed with ties which I replaced with encased elastic. It is very comfortable to wear and I do love the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment