Saturday, May 12, 2007

Matching aprons for high tea



My friends Margaret and Cathy hosted a high tea and thought it would be nice to have matching aprons. They bought a very sweet blue flower print and asked me to help out. I used out of print Simplicity pattern 8698. I added some eyelet lace around the pocket, blue rick rack along the bottom and topped the aprons off with white vintage buttons at the top.

While I was at it I thought a matching tea cozy would really add nicely to the mix. I copied a tea cozy that I have that is from England, a Liberty of London pansy print.









Well anyway, here they are in their aprons. I think they look just lovely. There is also a photo of the splendid table that they prepared. It was a delicious and very enjoyable tea. We feasted on Margaret's famous scones, cucumber sandwiches, salmon sandwiches, cream puffs, strawberries, and poppy seed bread. All very yummy. Thank you Margaret and Cathy, high tea hostesses extroidinairre.


No comments:

Post a Comment