Saturday, January 20, 2007

Knitting refresher - Wool Scarf
















I decided to refresh my knitting skills while shopping for a gift for my daughter in law, Sarah, at http://www.knittersmercantile.com/. The staff person recommended a pattern by Ann Norling. I made the garter/rib scarf with Lamb's Pride Worsted, 85% wool/15% mohair yarn. The color is one of my favorites, a blue-green, this one is called Persian Peacock.
Sarah helped me with the casting on and reading the directions and adjusting for a wider version. Thanks Sarah, it's great to have a knitting coach in the family. The end result is seen here, a gift for David. He seems very pleased with this warm, warm scarf.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise!

    After a couple of decades of no knitting, I picked up it up again as something to keep my hands busy while Margaret and I were traveling to Tig's wedding. The projects - two very simple scarves - languished a bit when the trip was over, to be picked up again on the drive down to Andrew's wedding. Now I'm a founding member of a knitting group at work that meets at noon on Fridays, and am finding myself overwhelmed with ideas for knitting projects...my major criteria being that they be small and portable, as well as beautiful!

    A week or so ago I picked up a book called "The Knitting Way" which has been an interesting read thus far. You might like to take a look at it.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete