Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alternative to plastic produce bags




Just a quick post to share what I have come up with as an alternative to using plastic when purchasing produce. I purchased a square of green netting from the Joann's 70% off bin and made up several rectangle shaped bags. I sewed all seams with a zig zag stitch. I turned over the top to make a casing and then threaded some kite string through for the top closure. They are super light weight and durable. I went to the Farmer's market last Saturday and came home without any plastic bags!

3 comments:

  1. I am always so impressed with your creativity, Denise. Perhaps you could sell these for those who are going GREEN, but are less sewing inclined than you. I will be making these with my grandchildren as Christmas presents for their relatives. Shh, it's a Surprise!
    Why don't you contact one of those craft books for children and get it in print! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete