Monday, August 18, 2008

Tablecloth and the American Lotus


I didn't get very much sewing done this weekend. I did manage to whip up this table cloth. The fabric is from curtains that hung in our bedroom for about 20 years. It is a Waverly cotton, I washed the curtains after taking them down and the fabric is still in very good shape. I used my serger to add a narrow rolled hem, using red thread. I think it took more time to thread the machine than to do the sewing. I still have a lot of this fabric, perhaps I should make some table napkins?

My sewing plans for Sunday were sacrificed for a trip to see the American Lotus in bloom at Lake Erie state park. What a beautiful plant, large leaves and a gorgeous bloom. A native lotus, very special. Check out the size of those leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment